Makeup for Hooded Eyes
What is a hooded eye?
Well, a hooded eye, is when your mobile lid is completely hidden or almost completely hidden by your upper eye area. It create a sort of “hood” for your lid, hence hooded eyes.
Hooded eyes/lids can come in a variety of flavors, some of you might have lids that are completely hooded, other might have lids that are partially hooded, some of you might have an eye lid that’s hooded and on that isn’t.
Here’s an example of hooded eyes:
A lot of makeup tutorials don’t take into account beauties that have hooded lids, myself included.
So I thought I’d share a few tips and tricks to help you ladies/gents out there that can really make your hooded eyes shine.
Be conscious about where you apply your color:
Feel free to apply color wherever you’d like when creating an eye look, but you want to keep in mind, if you have hooded lids, you really won’t be able to see much of the color when your eyes are open. The only time you’ll really see color is when you close your eyes.
With that being said, when you have hooded eyes, applying color along your lower lash line is a great way to add fun pops of color that will be visible at all times.
Also, make sure to apply a light color to your brow bone and tear duct to help open up your eyes.
Go beyond your crease:
A lot of makeup tutorials will talk about applying color to your crease. When you have hooded eyes, your natural crease is going to be covered up by the hood when your eyes are open.
So, when a look calls for applying color to your crease, apply the color a bit higher than your natural crease (make sure not to extend into your brow bone) that way, when your eye is open, you’ll still be able to see that color that is supposed to be in your crease, and help to give your eye depth.
Use your shadow to help lift your eye:
When your eyes are hooded, they can tend to look somewhat droopy since there is that skin from the upper eye area that can hang down a bit.
So, to counteract that, you’ll want to apply your eye shadow in upward motions to help pull your eye up.
You can also bring the color from your lower lash line with an upward angle at the outside edge. This will also help to lift your eye.
Understanding how to line your lids:
When lining your upper lash line, you need to remember that most if not all of your mobile lid will be covered, so you don’t want to do any line that’s too thick.
Try lining your upper water line, this will give some darkness at the lash line to help make your lashes look thicker, but it won’t take over your lid.
Winged liner is a very popular eyeliner shape, and I won’t lie, it can be a bit tricky with hooded lids. The key to creating this shape with hooded eyes is to line your eyes with them open. Make sure that the wing you create isn’t getting covered by your hood.
Now all you lovelies with hooded eyes, get out there and make the most of your eyes! :]
105 Notes/ Hide
- fucktheworldimacat likes this
- mylifebeginsagain likes this
- mylifebeginsagain reblogged this from makeupchronicles
- weareallshadesofgray likes this
- lets-scream-together likes this
- thrillwad likes this
- sairuh likes this
- queensofthestoneage likes this
- marinaandthecubiczurconium reblogged this from makeupchronicles
- bintmasriya likes this
- ratamusprime likes this
- superstitious-ambitions likes this
- lives-free likes this
- derpflygon likes this
- haneultobyeol likes this
- liucid likes this
- cuddlesandhuggles likes this
- breathingforthesemomentsintime likes this
- simonestoledecember reblogged this from makeupchronicles
- simonestoledecember likes this
- iriidiscence likes this
- arya-aventuriera likes this
- quienfuerahipsipila likes this
- nikkadeemarie likes this
- chloanneba likes this
- queenofthemummers likes this
- iampeggilien likes this
- earthmeltsaway likes this
- llamaglamathegreat likes this
- timeywimeyisonmyside likes this
- accio-klausmikaelson likes this
- 1directioninfectionperfection likes this
- sixfingersonhisrighthand likes this
- much-too-troublesome likes this
- loversfade likes this
- vitalemontea likes this
- jaihm likes this
- lamortedarthur likes this
- thoroughly-sherlocked reblogged this from makeupchronicles
- mode-freak likes this
- ziabstar likes this
- crimsonium likes this
- theillegallyblondeangel likes this
- the-alchemy-between-us likes this
- bewk likes this
- liberateurmind likes this
- lunaasolnyshko likes this
- littlebitofinspiration likes this